What Airport Tulum Mexico: Your Complete Guide
Tulum, located on the stunning Riviera Maya in Mexico, has become a popular tourist destination in recent years. With its pristine beaches, rich Mayan history, and vibrant culture, it’s no wonder travelers from around the world flock to this paradise. If you’re planning a visit to Tulum, it’s essential to know about the nearest airport and how to get there. In this article, we will explore the details of the Tulum airport, including how to reach it, airlines that operate there, and other frequently asked questions.
About Tulum Airport
Tulum does not have its own airport. The nearest airport to Tulum is the Cancun International Airport, situated approximately 80 miles (130 kilometers) north of Tulum. Cancun International Airport is the second-busiest airport in Mexico and offers a wide range of domestic and international flights.
How to Get to Tulum from Cancun Airport
There are several transportation options available to reach Tulum from Cancun Airport. Here are the most common ones:
1. Shuttle Service: Many shuttle companies offer shared or private transfers directly from Cancun Airport to Tulum. This is a convenient option for those who prefer a hassle-free journey.
2. Rental Car: Renting a car at Cancun Airport gives you the flexibility to explore the region at your own pace. The drive from the airport to Tulum takes approximately 90 minutes.
3. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. However, it’s important to negotiate the fare beforehand or ensure the meter is running to avoid any surprises.
4. ADO Bus: The ADO bus service operates between Cancun Airport and Tulum. Buses are frequent and provide an affordable option for budget-conscious travelers.
Airlines Operating at Cancun Airport
Cancun Airport is well-connected to major cities around the world. Here are some of the airlines that operate at Cancun International Airport:
1. American Airlines
2. Delta Air Lines
3. United Airlines
5. JetBlue Airways
6. Southwest Airlines
7. Air Canada
8. British Airways
10. Virgin Atlantic
FAQs about Tulum Airport
1. Is there an airport in Tulum, Mexico?
No, Tulum does not have its own airport. The nearest airport is Cancun International Airport.
2. How far is Tulum from Cancun Airport?
Tulum is approximately 80 miles (130 kilometers) south of Cancun Airport.
3. How long does it take to get from Cancun Airport to Tulum?
The journey from Cancun Airport to Tulum takes around 90 minutes by road, depending on traffic conditions.
4. Are there direct flights to Tulum?
No, there are no direct flights to Tulum. Travelers need to fly to Cancun Airport and then take ground transportation to reach Tulum.
5. How much does a shuttle from Cancun Airport to Tulum cost?
The cost of a shuttle service from Cancun Airport to Tulum varies depending on the provider and type of service. On average, shared shuttles cost around $20-$30 per person, while private transfers can range from $80-$120.
6. Can I rent a car at Cancun Airport?
Yes, there are several car rental companies at Cancun Airport, offering a wide range of options to suit different budgets and preferences.
7. Is public transportation available from Cancun Airport to Tulum?
Yes, the ADO bus service operates between Cancun Airport and Tulum. Buses are affordable and run at regular intervals throughout the day.
In conclusion, while Tulum may not have its own airport, reaching this tropical paradise is relatively easy with Cancun International Airport just a short distance away. Whether you choose to take a shuttle, rent a car, or hop on a bus, the journey from Cancun Airport to Tulum promises to be an adventure in itself. So pack your bags, and get ready to explore the wonders of Tulum, Mexico!